Saturday, April 5, 2008

「ガラスの仮面」 Glass Mask


I started reading the manga (Garasu no Kamen) around 1995 and just recently, I have watched
the 2005 version's anime with the total volume comprises of 51.

Best known as Suzue Miuchi's masterpiece, Garasu no Kamen was first published as manga in 1976, and the last volume ever written was vol.42, in 2006. The story has also been adopted into anime several times, including TV series in 1984 and 2005 and an OVA. As of 2006, the collected volumes had 50 milion copies in Japan, making it the second best-selling shōjo manga ever.

Simply said, I have been following this series for about 10 years. Certainly, I am still waiting for vol.43 of the manga up to today and would like to purchase the complete dvd its 2005 anime version, which is very hard to find. From the whole series, I gain lots of knowledge for both
western and Japanese literature, as well as drama & acting related information.

Garasu no Kamen is my most favourite manga & anime for a lifetime.

No comments: