Saturday, October 25, 2008

Chopin's Ballade No. 3 in A-flat major, Op. 47


It is not that easy to motivate myself to practise piano nowadays. My life as a music student seems like a long-lost-past. Yet, there 's one day when this particular Ballade came to my mind.. and it has been ages since I play a serious repertoire. Personally I found this ballade easy to listen to, though considered medium-hard in level of difficulty. Most of the time I prefer to play in minor keys, however this particular ballade is attractive on its own matters. Overall it starts of very much of classical music, then the second part sounds amiable and delicate, with certain inspiring parts, which sounds very lovely to me. The transition section before the ending contains certain drama and melancholy and it ends with a grand triumph.

No comments: