Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Gothic Calligraphy Homework

It has been aeons... since the last time I really put myself to a certain degree of 'serious' artwork..
Though not exactly up to standard, finally I have managed to get a grasp of writing for A- Z Gothic lettering. Next, I can't wait to learn the Italic writing ~

Doing art work, which rarely did since I took Bachelor Music, was used to be my life for years.. I mean, painting and drawing are my first exposure to arts when I was a little girl. And I used to paint a lot..when I did my School back in Indo and.. during VCE years (Art & Design courses).. But since, I concentrated on music.. I didn't have time and motivation to paint anymore... and yup, I do miss it.While doing this project, the lettering was the hardest to tackle... all the words are supposed to be straight, rigid and in proportion... Mine doesn't ... Yet, I enjoyed during the decoration the most ~ The feeling of using my painting brush again was simply.. 'Zen' .. like what my friend, Len, always mentioned. Painting with brushes, especially in black, is just my forte.. and.. I love it !!!! Hopefully and hopefully... I will get inspired more to pick up painting again.

No comments: